Photo: Alan Betson
Hello to my website. You’re most welcome. I hope you find it an useful and enjoyable way to find out how to live more sustainably in Ireland. I publish a blog post every week or two at the moment but I also post daily to my Facebook Page and Instagram Account so follow me there if you’d like more regular updates.
Unlike most bloggers I don’t take payments or gifts from companies. I think it affects the objectivity of the blogger and leads to biased posts, which really are no use to you. I also think that accepting payments from manufacturers or retailers would fly in the face of the low-consumption way of living that I advocate. So I pretty much write the blog and give talks for free as my way of giving back and to help safeguard my kids future on this planet, which to be honest isn’t looking too good but that’s a conversation for another day. Some of my followers are good enough to support me financially on this journey either with a monthly donation via Patreon or with a once off donation.
There’s a hell of a lot of info on the blog, which can be overwhelming when you’re just starting out so I thought it would be useful to list the best posts for newbies in one place.
I update all the blog posts as life allows so if you think I’ve missed something or have incorrect information please get in touch by email (see About Me page) or write a comment below.
- Six Weeks to Zero Waste
- What to recycle / donate where
- Map of Eco Businesses in Ireland
- Sustainable E-tailers
- Why Recycling isn’t the Answer
- Abandoning Perfection
- Food Waste
- Savvy Sustainability
- Rehoming Stuff Online
- Friction and the Waste Culture
- Free & Easy Steps to Sustainability
- Why I don’t like Biodegradable or Compostable Plastic
- Eco Folklore, Greenwashing and Misunderstandings
- Easy Sustainable Switches
- Sustainable Living is Not an Either Or Game
- How to Avoid Buying Stuff
- Zero Waste Food – Shopping, Preparing and Eating
- Choosing a Reusable Coffee Cup
- Sustainable Living Supports
So get yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee or whatever your preferred poison is and take the first step on your journey. And do me, and your kids or grandkids a favour, share this blog with anyone else that you think would benefit from it.